Friday, February 2, 2018

"Defiant" by Lesley Livingston (Book 2 in the Valiant Series)

Defiant by Lesley Livingston is the second book in the Valiant series and just as good as the first!  I liked Fallon again in this one and was hoping the people she put her trust in would not let her down.  It was heartbreaking when Ludus Achillea, home for gladiators, was overtaken by Pontius Aquila and Nyx.  This book has lots of action and strategy.

I liked Cai and Fallon and Quint and Elka.  I also liked how Fallon and Sorcha got to fight together to take back their home and stay free.  There are many interesting supporting characters in this book which I liked.  The plot was well developed but easy enough to follow.  I loved it and recommend this series if you like adventure and fantasy!
(Karen's review, 5 stars)

Teaser from page 17:  I might have felt a twinge of sympathy for them but, to be honest, in that moment, I couldn't have cared less.  My friends and I were victorious, and that was all that mattered.

Gerard's review (5++ stars):
Defiant by Lesley Livingston is the action-packed follow-up book to The Valiant.  Things start out well for Fallon, but that quickly changes when the place she calls home is overrun and she is put into a cell!  Will she have to fight for an enemy or can she somehow turn the tables on her enemies?

This book is just as good as the first.  Fallon is a fantastic character and she carries the story very well.  The other characters are developed nicely and really add to the story, especially her sister!  This book is filled with lots of good action and the ending is great!  I LOVED IT!  If there is a book 3, I will read it.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails