Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Teaser Tuesday



Karen's:

"I wasn't looking for you to surprise me.  You tell me you've heard from the Wicked Witch of the South and tht Rafe is dead and some stranger has your personal contact information, and you want to know why I'm unnerved?"

From page 11 of The Undoing of Saint Silvanus by Beth Moore.

Okay, Lord, I don't want to worry about Steig, the kids, the celebration, Ken's retirement, and all the other stuff.  I want to trust You.
From page 29 of The Second Half by Lauraine Snelling.

Gerard's:
What I don't write is:  I'm so lonely in the world I want to peel all of my flesh off and walk, just bone and gristle, straight into the river, to be swallowed, just like my father.
From Page 27 of Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow.

There is a toilet in the corner of the room, but I only use it when I am sure it is nighttime.  I only know it is nighttime because they run the lights from dim to dimmer.
From page 8 of The Girl Before by Rena Olsen.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I've just begun a study by Beth Moore and I think it's going to be great. Here's my teaser and opening paragraph: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1hs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails