Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Teaser Tuesday



Gerard's:
"What kind of apartment complex are you living in?  Do I need to prepare to be groped by drunk people every time I come home?"

From page 21 of Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover.

Normally that wouldn't be a bad thing, but when they saw BEAUTIFUL appear on my little baby arm moments after he said it in the delivery room, everybody was pretty freaked out.  After all, babies are just supposed to be beautiful, not have the word plastered on their arms like a weird baby tattoo.

From page 19 of Sticks & Stones by Abby Cooper.

August swallowed hard, knowing what came next.
"Sunai, Sunai, eyes like coal,
Sing you a song and steal your soul."
The little girl's smile grew even wider.
"Monsters, monsters, big and small,
They're gonna come and eat you all!"
From page 23 of This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab.

Karen's:
Mrs. Mackay is writing as if she's Beatrice, the cat.  Maybe she was crazy after all.
From page 42 of Lawyer for the Cat  by Lee Robinson.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. Those all sound fascinating!

    My teaser this week is from the point of view of a man with autism: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Jw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of them. I'm curious about the bay with words appearing on her arm. And those rhynes are creepy fun.

    My TT from Friend Of The Devil

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound good and I got a chuckle or two. I see the kitty chose one of Hoover's also. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting variety of teasers. I liked This Savage Song but the rest of the books are new to me. My YA teaser this week comes from Vicarious by Paula Stokes. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails