Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Teaser Tuesday: 6 This Week!



Gerard's:

He wasn't about to start a fight earlier with the Heredia in the process of sinking, but now adrift on the raft, where minutes felt like hours, he wondered if they'd have another disagreement.  His ship might be at the bottom of the ocean, but he was still the captain.
From page 100 of So Close to Home by Michael J. Tougias & Alison O'Leary.

It took a while for the otters to realize that something was happening inside the crate.  But a moment later, they heard it.

From pg. 6 of The Wild Robot by Peter Brown.

Karen's:
"Oh, Hazel!  This is where it comes from!  I know now--something very bad!  Some terrible thing--coming closer and closer." 
Page 7 of Watership Down by Richard Adams.  (This teaser is by a rabbit.)

I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I had no interest in marriage and the household that would come along with it.

When my chores were completed, I would slip into the orchard with a book. 
From page 35 of When the Moon is Low by Nadia Hashimi.

"The school says not, but then they would, wouldn't they?"  Ray didn't hold a particularly high opinion of Tom's head teacher, who had been quick to place the blame on Mags and Ray for not presenting a "united front" at parents' evenings.
From page 105 of I Let You Go by Clare Mackintosh.


Once again, Hopper would be helping Mrs. Clover teach the kinderbunny class at Easter Bunny Elementary School.  That was where young bunnies went to learn how to be Easter Bunnies.
From page 2 of The Grumpy Bunny Goes to School by Justine Korman, illustrated by Lucinda McQueen. 

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. I like the teaser from Watership Down best. A rabbit heading to the orchard with a book in hand (or paw, as the case may be!). That's my kind of rabbit! My teaser this week can be found at: http://abookaddictsview.blogspot.com/2016/05/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great variety of teasers. My teaser this week comes from Second Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watership Down is another book I've never read and I'm not sure why. I'm adding it to my list. Here's my TT: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1g2

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys always share such a wide variety of titles, there is bound to be something there for all of us.Just the title for the Wild Robot makes me curious.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so many!

    https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/teaser-tuesday-daring-by-elliott-james/

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these sound good. I want to check out When The Moon Is Low.

    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm liking it so far, almost halfway through it. It moves along pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails