Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Teaser Tuesday


Karen's:

Okay, we can't look into our own futures, but we''ll still be in the future for twenty-four hours.  That will be enough.
From page 36 of Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs.  (Click link for Gerard's review)

The first advantage is that leading with weaknesses disarms the audience.  Marketing professors Marian Friestad and Peter Wright find that when we're aware that someone is trying to persuade us, we naturally raise our mental shields.
From page 69-70 of Originals--How Non-conformists Move the World by Adam Grant.  (Non-fiction)

Gerard's:

Losing Ava's friendship had left me unable to remember who I might be anymore without her.  As strong a force as her presence had created, her absence was stronger yet.
From page 5 of Under the Influence by Joyce Maynard.  (Click link for my review.)

But there was no water on the other side of the road.  A thin rust-colored scar ran through the sand where it should have flowed.
From page 5 of Thirst by Benjamin Warner. 

Be sure to see our review of Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, a must read that we both liked!

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading. 

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. These all sound fascinating. My teaser this week comes from the first book in an urban fantasy series I recently discovered - Kindling the Moon by Jenn Bennett. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thirst is on my list -- I'll have to bump it up. Nice teaser from Under the Influence; friendships can be our rocks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails