Wednesday, July 12, 2017

"DEFY" by Sara B. Larson (Both of us Liked This Fantasy!)

Manny Boy being defiant--ignoring the book!
In Defy by Sara B. Larson, Alexa is a fighter, the best of the guard that protects Prince Damian.  She also has a secret that she hides, but when another guard and the prince are taken captive, Alexa finds out there are other secrets out there.  

This book was SO GOOD!  I'm so glad I finally got around to reading it.  From page 1 I was hooked!  The characters are really good and there is lots of action too!  I will continue with this series for sure!  This is my book of the month!  I highly recommend this one!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)


(Karen's review 3/4/16)
Defy by Sara B. Larson is a YA fantasy novel about Alexa, who pretends she is a boy to avoid being captured and put into King Hector’s “breeding house.” Instead, she serves with her twin brother as a guard for Prince Damian. She is actually the best sword fighter in the army and would be captain except she is too young.

There is some mystery and action throughout this first book in the series. Secrets are revealed, people feel betrayed and Alexa finally gets to be herself. With some magic and a love triangle, this book kept my interest and I enjoyed it.  I look forward to reading the rest of this series with Ignite and Endure.
(4 stars)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. To find books on a specific topic, scroll to the bottom and click on the topic you want. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails