Monday, September 21, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: 3 This Week



Gerard's:

Kyle opened his mouth and roared.  His cry came out high-pitched and it cracked in the middle, but it sounded to him like he was a wounded animal.
From page 208 of Badlands by C. J. Box.

For a minute, he didn't answer.  His eyes were wide and shocked, and he had bitten his lower lip so hard that I could see dots of blood.
From page 20 of Who Do You Love? by Jennifer Weiner.  (Click link to see my review--my book of the month!)

Karen's:
Three people and a dog huddling in a tub with parts of a couch balanced on their heads is not a precaution.  It's what you do when the weatherman says a tornado is going to sail over your house and rip through your community.
 From page 14 of On The Loose by Jenny B. Jones.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.
Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. For some reason when I started reading the "On the Loose" teaser, I imagined them outside like that. It wasn't until I read the second part then read the whole thing again that I actually made sense of it. My brain is weird sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, three! I have a lot of choice :)

    Here's mine:
    http://earthianhivemind.net/2015/09/22/teaser-tuesday-september-22/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all sound great. I've not read any of the books yet. My YA teaser this week comes from What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails