Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Teaser Tuesday: Four Today



Gerard's:

Logan's secretiveness had bothered her.  She'd called the only two people in her life who would care, her friend Marilyn and her former boss from the bookstore.
From page 17 of The First Wife by Erica Spindler (click link to see my review)
  
When Dara got metal pins in her kneecaps and swore she would never speak to me again, and when Mom went silent for weeks and started taking sleeping pills every night and waking up too groggy to go to work and the hospital bills kept coming, kept coming, like autumn leaves after a storm.
But why weren't we good enough before?

From page 26 of Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver.
Karen's
They've pulled me inside out, swapping Mare for Mareena, a thief for a crown, rags for silk, Red for Silver.  This morning I was a servant, tonight I'm a princess.
From page 104 of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
    A wicked hope filled two watching eyes as Alec Ramsay and his horse almost went down.  But the boy kept the black legs driving beneath him and the race went on.     
From page 4 of The Black Stallion Mystery by Walter Farley.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.
Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. Here is my teaser
    http://totallyaddictedtoreading.blogspot.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my eye on Red Queen -- good teaser. I really need to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers. You always picked such strong ones. I remember that scene from The Black Stallion. I have the complete series.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/17/teaser-tuesdays-106-confess-by-colleen-hoover/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Black Stallion, what memories that book brings back. Great teasers. :)

    My Tease

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good thriller/mystery involving secretive spouses! Before We Met was actually the first book that I reviewed on Dewey Girl. I think I might add The First Wife to my TBR list.

    Here's my TT for this week, please pop over and have a read! Haha! Romance is not really my genre but that little outburst followed by “now give me my G-string.” did make me chuckle.

    I’d love if you’d pop by Dewey Girl and give my TT a read: http://deweygirl.co.uk/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-stardust/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did stop by this morning, just didn't comment. The book wasn't something we would read.

      Delete
  6. I want to read Vanishing Girls and The Red Queen badly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my. I remember reading so many books in The Black Stallion series.

    Mine this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-lv

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails