Sunday, November 2, 2014

"The Secret Place" by Tana French

This novel is about a young teen boy found dead on the grounds of an exclusive all-girls school.  One day someone puts up a card on the school bulletin board that they know who killed him.  Do they really or is it just a plot to get some excitement going?

This book is told in two parts:  (1) the action that led up to him being killed, and (2) the two lady detectives trying to figure out if any of the girls know who did it.  Both parts kept my interest and were told very well.  I would have rated it higher if it didn't have so much foul language in it.  The plot is very good though and worth reading.
(Gerard's review, 5 stars--no pluses due to bad language)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I adored this book, it is the best of Tana French's so far and they are all very good. I thought she got into the minds of the teenage girls that wasn't patronising and the wiles the police had to use to get at the truth kept the momentum going.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tana French does have quite the potty mouth! I still love her books, though, and I thought this one was particularly interesting. I really liked how the police investigation took place over just one day, but you still really got to know the characters. I'm going to be reviewing it on my blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails