Monday, November 3, 2014

Teaser Tuesdays: Four This Week!


Gerard's:
  
If you're not sure you want to tell me, then go away and have a think till you are.  If you're sure now, then spit it out. 

From page 20 of The Secret Place by Tana French. (Just finished this Sunday, click link to see my review)

I'd tell you how much happiness and laughter you have brought to me with all your silly quirks, and describe the comfort I feel when walking into my house knowing you are there to greet me with your happy tail!
     I am blessed to have such a special DU-MAN (half dog/half human) in my life and couldn't dream up a better dog!

From page 46 of A Letter to My Dog--Notes to Our Best Friends by Kimi Culp, Lisa Erspamer, and Robin Layton.

Karen's:
Marty's humor lost some of its power when Aviva hit adolescence and became the human equivalent of a porcupine--cute to look at, but prickly.  And dangerous, if you got too close.

From page 51 of Weekends with Daisy by Sharron Kahn Luttrell.  (Gerard read & liked this so convinced me to read it too!  It's not all just about the dog.)


As she stood with her father and looked through a picture window at a stand of trees, she began trembling and yelling, "The trees are coming into the house!  They're all coming in here!"
From page 101 of BRAIN--The Complete Mind, How it Develops, How it Works, and How to Keep it Sharp by Michael S. Sweeney.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just pick two sentences from the book you are reading.


Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. What a mix of teasers books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Secret Place is on my radar and I really need the one about the brain!
    Mine this week is a series mystery at http://wp.me/pZnGI-fo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the comparison of the teenager to a porcupine. Clever. BRAIN sounds like a good one too.
    My Tuesday post features a Navajo mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekends with Daisy made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these sound fun. I think my dog, Quigley, is a Du-Man! LOL
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesdays-88-real-elves-an-emily-castle-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers all around, but I think the one I like the most this week is the one about Aviva. Prickly personalities are so much fun to read about!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fantastic set of teasers, I loved The Secret Place by Tana French

    Here's my TT for the week http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesday-november-4/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails