Sunday, November 23, 2014

"Blue Mountain" by Martine Leavitt

Blue Mountain by Martine Leavitt is told by Tuk, who is a Bighorn sheep!  At first, life is good--running, jumping and playing.  However, when Tuk becomes the leader of the herd, he must find a safe place for them or all will be lost.

This book was a National Book Award finalist.  So that should give you some idea of just how good this is.  The author wrote this book for her grandchildren, but I think young and old will enjoy it like I did!
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

(Karen's review, 2 stars)  This is one my husband and I disagree on.  Blue Mountain by Martine Leavitt is a children’s book about how longhorn rams must find new mountains to live on when their habitat is destroyed.  The rams talk to each other as well as some of their predators who make appearances through the book.  I learned a bit about longhorns, such as they are peaceful animals, but I got bored about halfway through.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails