Thursday, May 15, 2014

"Tease" by Amanda Maciel: Two Opposite Opinions Here


Tease by Amanda Maciel is based on a true story and deals with bullying.  Two girls bullied another girl who killed herself.  The twist in this book is that it is told by one of the girls who did the bullying.  I thought that was a novel concept.  I really loved this book a lot!  I got into it from the first page and was always anxious to get back to it.  The characters are very believable and true to life.  The writing was very good as well.  So far, this is my book of the month for May.  
(Gerard's review, 5++ stars)

I started reading Tease but didn't like it enough to finish it.  To me, the main character wasn't very likeable and I didn't care for all the swearing in it either.  It also kept jumping from the present to the past, back and forth which I found distracting and annoying.  Maybe it would appeal to a teen, but it didn't appeal to me. 
(Karen's thoughts)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that you have such opposite opinions. I've been meaning to check this one out -- now I'm even more interested to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails