Monday, February 17, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Four Today


Gerard's:
She reaches into her pocket and pulls out the haemanthus I gave her.  It is smashed and flat.  Then loudly she screams to all those gathered, "Break the chains!"

From page 3 of Red Rising by Pierce Brown.  (Review up tomorrow.)



But now I am not sure what is real or what the consequences of a wrong answer will be.  While my classmates are concerned about the test affecting the years ahead, I worry I will not survive the day.

From page 1 of Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau.  (Click link for Karen's review.)

Karen's
Well, so much for propriety.  She'd practiced lying, gone on a political tirade, and deeply offended her pastor, all in a few short minutes.
From page 25 (Loc. 404) of Daughter of Twin Oaks  by Lauraine Snelling.


Still, I felt that same urgency to play Luke's game that I had when we were playing chess.  Maybe, like in the chess games we played, he was way ahead of me--his moves already planned, and my demise already assured.

From page 112 of In the Blood by Lisa Unger.

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. Humm, not sure any of these are grabbing me, but I'm interested in the Unger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not long finished Lisa Unger's In The Blood which was a book full of twists and turns :-)

      Delete
  2. The 'Daughter of Twin Oaks' teaser made me laugh! Sounds like a lot of bad luck for such a small period of time! Thanks for sharing :)
    My TT
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four good teasers. The one from In The Blood made me wonder why he is manipulating her. The Teaser from Daughter of Twin Oaks made me want to find out exactly what she'd said that was so bad.
    My Teaser is from SINFUL FOLK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of Karen's teasers this week. Mine: The Begonia Bribe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to look up what a haemanthus is....
    Lisa Unger's book looks pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just got the Unger book. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails