Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Teaser Tuesdays: 4 Today

Gerard's:
He lets go, and Alex holds her breast, eyes bulging, gasping for breath, hopping from one foot to the other, blind with pain.  The tears come in spite of herself as she says:  "Wh-- wh-- what are you going to do?"
From page 33 of Alex by Pierre Lemaitre.  (My review of this will be up tomorrow (my favorite read for September).

Margret drew the covers up to her chin as the officer's snores continued their unceasing rumble.  One would think an avalanche was approaching, she thought, annoyed.
From page 71 of Burial Rites by Hannah Kent.

Karen's:
"It was my mother, but she pretended she didn't know me.  She said she couldn't be old enough to have had a daughter my age and she laughed at me."
From page 84 of Unfinished Symphony by V. C. Andrews.

Someone can treat our child unfairly and we're ready to pounce.  We almost can't help living by the philosophy:  If you want to make an enemy out of me, just mess with my kid.
From page 92 of David--Seeking a Heart Like His by Beth Moore.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   


Happy Reading!

14 comments:

  1. Awesome teasers!! Ill have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Burial Rites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers. That second one sounds like my husband last night! Avalanche just about sums it up lol!

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teasers. I haven't heard of any of the books before.

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed all of these teasers. That last one is so true.

    Here's mine: http://www.thebusymomsdaily.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesdays-october-1st-guest.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh interesting teasers. I haven't read a VC Andrews book in years. Hope you are enjoying. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/10/01/teaser-tuesday-oct-1/

    ReplyDelete
  7. All sound good but I'm most interested in Alex. Happy Tuesday. Here are my teasers. http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/10/01/tuesday-teasers-10113/ or http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-teasers-10113.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last one made me laugh--how true! Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great set of 4 teasers this week - I want to read Burial Rites most though.

    Here is mine http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2013/10/01/teaser-tuesday-october-1/

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE V.C. Andrews! I remember that particular line too and as a mother couldn't fathom ever feeling that way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking forward to Burial Rites. Loved Beth Moore's David.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Beth Moore. I love your cat too. I need to join the Teaser Tuesday hop. I did it once before but could not find the link. So glad you stopped by again today. So next week, I will be able to this hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS I subscribe by email so I don't lose track of you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alex And Burial Rites sound great from those teasers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails