Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday Teasers: "The Death of Bees" and "The Handmaid's Tale"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's
Today I am fifteen. Today I buried my parents in the backyard.
Neither of them were beloved.
From the prologue of The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell.  Stop back tomorrow to see my review.

Karen's:
In the semidarkness we could stretch out our arms, when the Aunts weren't looking, and touch each other's hands across space.  We learned to lipread, our heads flat on the beds, turned sideways, watching each other's mouths. 
From page 4 of The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.  (I just started this so don't really know what's going on yet.)

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, those were some deep and interesting teasers! Thank you for stopping by and commenting. I hope you enjoy the books too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried reading The Handmaid's Tale years ago and just couldn't get into it.

    The Death of Bees sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both these books are going on my TBR list. I'm especially intrigued by The Death of Bees. I'm looking forward to your review.
    My Teaser is from THE LAW OF SIMILARS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely loved Gerards' teaser... pulled me right in. Oh and Gerard, I am almost 200 pages into The Stonecutter. Yup, am loving it!
    I've not read The Handmaid's Tale. Must be a reason why it's so acclaimed, and I should get to reading it one day for that reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, two very intriguing teasers.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/03/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of those are wonderful teasers! I read The Handmaid's Tale many years ago and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the visit today, and happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Gerard's teaser is sad! But very interesting! And Karen, your teaser is so nice! :)

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my TT earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Death of Bees has definitly piqued my interest. I am going to add this one to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails