Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday Teasers: 3 For You--Contemporary Fiction


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page (well, we cheat and choose specific ones)
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   

Gerard's
Come on, Elle, I thought. React. Prove my gut reaction wrong.
From page 4 of The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley. (My review posted on Saturday, but this is so good, I just had to do a teaser from it!)

What would this evening have been like if, no more than an hour ago, I had simply waited downstairs until it was time to go, rather than climb the stairs to Michel's room?
What would the rest of our lives have been like?
From page 11 of The Dinner by Herman Koch.

Karen's
Gone. Taken. Just like me. I can't do this again.
From page 98 of Did You Miss Me by Karen Rose.  (Click the link for Gerard's review of this one.)

Happy Reading!

7 comments:

  1. All of them are great teasers. And all of them are from books I have never heard of. Check out my teasers for Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza and Rage Against the Dying by Becky Masterman. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your teasers made me want to know more. Now I just have to figure out which one to download first!
    My Teaser is from THE MONDAY NIGHT NEEDLEWORK & MURDER GUILD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like 'em all but Karen, yours grabbed me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed The Dinner even though I didn't like any of the characters. The other two are on my TBR list. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are all great ~ love the second one especially. It's funny how one seemingly small action can change the course of everything... Thanks for stopping by my TT :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There. I diѕcovered your wеblog the usage оf msn.
    This is а vеry neatly wrіtten artіcle.
    Ι will bе sure to bοoκmaгk it and come back to rеаd
    extгa оf your helpful info. Тhank you
    fοr the post. I will ceгtainly return.
    Www.Videoproducerforhire.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely great teasers, guys! Love the second one the most! :D

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by my TT earlier.

    Happy reading! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails