Friday, February 8, 2013

"The Tragedy Paper" by Elizabeth Laban (YA)


Every year at a boarding school, the outgoing seniors leave a "treasure" behind in their rooms for the next senior occupying that room to find. Duncan finds a stack of CDs left for him that he doesn't think much of until he listens to the first one. Then he can't stop until he hears them all! What's on the CDs? You will have to read The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban.

Like the CDs, The Tragedy Paper is hard to put down. I finished it in two days! I got to really care about the characters, the writing is superb and the ending is shocking! Do I have your interest yet? All that being said, I give this book 5++ stars!  Excellent work, Ms. Laban!
(Gerard's review)

The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban is about a teen love triangle and a high school assignment at a prestigious private boarding school steeped in tradition.  It is written in a unique way with two narrators, Tim who lacks self-confidence and Duncan who is pre-occupied with his tragedy paper and has trouble letting go of the past.  The book kept my interest to discover what the tragedy was.  I liked both Tim and Duncan and I also like the English teacher, Mr. Simon.
(Karen's review)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a couple other glowing reviews for this one, so I think I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for another great recommendation, you two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails