Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Teasers: 3 Non-Fiction Teasers For You


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
Back on the Bainbridge, before the last shot rang out, Gary grabbed Musi and slammed him onto the deck.
"You're going to jail," he said. "Your buddies are dead. You're useless to me now."
From page 97 of No Easy Day--The Autobiography of a Navy Seal by Mark Owen with Kevin Maurer (click the link to see my review).

Karen's:
The trouble began immediately. The cats, who had gotten along splendidly when they were all outdoors together, were suddenly mortal enemies when they occupied the same house.
From page 6 of Animals Welcome by Peg Kehret. (My review will be up tomorrow--this animal lover loved it!)

Don't you find it interesting that God didn't form woman from the dust of the ground, as he did man and beast? No, woman was formed from man's side, demonstrating our commonality with men as human beings and yet our unique and separate creation as females.
From page 12 of The Power of a Positive Woman by Karol Ladd.


Happy Reading!

17 comments:

  1. All of them are quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are two and three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the last teaser, so powerful, especially for us women.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three interesting and varied teasers, and I enjoyed them all. You obviously have eclectic taste in books. I do too.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.
    A STOP IN THE PARK

    ReplyDelete
  5. All 3 are great teasers. I got the Navy Seal book for my future son-in-law for Christmas. Wonder if it is bad to read it before I wrap it up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lots of cats so the animal teaser was intriguing! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teasers. I hope you're enjoying all three stories. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three! Especially the second -- that sounds so perfectly typical of cats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting teasers. All three look like an entertaining read.

    Thanks for stopping by
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great teasers! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cats don't seem very nice. Great teasers. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice choices! You always have such varied teasers:)
    Thanks so much for dropping by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting teasers!
    Thanks for visiting bookmunchies :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice teasers! And what a lovely cat!! :)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails