Wednesday, June 27, 2012

"A Dog's Purpose" by W. Bruce Cameron

A Dog’s Purpose by Bruce Cameron is touching and at times funny. The dog narrator will made me question how my dog feels how good a dog owner I am. The dog has several different lives with various owners throughout this book, but is loyal to the end to the boy, Ethan. I especially enjoyed reading about the dog’s life as Ellie, the search and rescue dog and laughed when the dog said the cats he lived with had no purpose. The dog’s relationship with Ethan shows how loyal dogs are and was heartwarming. This is an emotional read because when some people mistreated the dog, I felt a lot of anger rise up in me. Although the dog dies, it’s not too sad because it is reincarnated as another puppy and gets another life! I recommend this book to any dog lover. (Karen's review 6/27/12)

 I really enjoyed A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. This is told by a dog who knows he needs to find a purpose for his life. He meets a boy named Ethan, then he becomes a search and rescue dog with a fantastic and touching ending! If you are a dog lover, you will love A Dog’s Purpose. I sure did! I highly recommend you read this book! (Gerard's review 7/27/10)

 Other book by this author that we both liked is A Dog's Journey Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during June and July to The Wounded Warrior Project which helps wounded warriors and their families returning from current conflicts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails