Friday, May 18, 2012

"The White Cascade" by Gary Krist is Captivating!

Fantastic Read--Captivating!

The White Cascade--The Great Northern Railway Disaster and America's Deadliest Avalanche by Gary Krist is the second captivating book I've read by this author and both are fantastic reads!  This non-fiction book is about two trains that were stuck in a huge snowstorm and were eventually hit by an avalanche!  The writing is what makes this book so good.  You hear from the people on the trains, the people trying to help, and the one person in charge of the railroad at the time.  I got the sense I was right there!  I hope Gary Krist writes another book; I'll be sure to read it too!

See my review of the other book I read by Gary Krist:  City of Scoundrels about Chicago.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? If you reviewed this too, feel free to share your link to your review in the comments. Happy Reading!

We are donating 50 cents for each legitimate comment we receive on all our blogs during May to Joni and Friends for Camp Scholarships for families with special needs children.

2 comments:

  1. This book looks great! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed both of the books, Gerard. Look for a new one--this one on turn-of-the-century New Orleans--in a couple of years...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails