Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: "Wildwood," "Night Strangers," "The Sword"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Gerard's:
Nothing her parents had told her, nothing she'd ever learned in school, could possibly have prepared her for this thing that was happening. Or really, what was to follow.
I finished reading Wildwood by Colin Melot but loved it so much that I wanted to do a teaser from it, so here it is from page 8:

"You really don't hear it?" Hallie asked in a small but intense voice. "You really don't hear them?"
There was that word again: them.
From page 64 of The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian.

Karen's:
"God knows you and has known you since before you were born. And He chose you to help a poor old man that was dying."
From page 108 of The Sword--The Last Cavaliers: Two by Gilbert Morris

Check out our giveaway for an audio book:  "The Leftovers" by Tom Perrotta

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like some good fanasy novels.
    Here's my tease from a mystery set in feudal Japan by Laura Joh Rowland - My tease

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "them" is certainly creepy. With a title like The Sword - the Last Cavaliers, I tend to think the old man is more than your average old man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great teasers!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got Wildwood this weekend, and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for the teasers!

    Thanks for commenting on ours.

    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. None of these books are familiar to me, but the teasers are very good. Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good!
    Thanks for visiting and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blogs! I'm following! Thanks for stopping over at my Post today! 'The Housekeeper' is a Scottish mystery. Just started it. I love mysteries. Your teasers are great. We are almost neighbors! About an 11/2 hrs away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh I like all those teasers.. not sure I have a preference.. thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting teasers - each of them caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails