Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: "The Dog Who Knew Too Much" & "The $80 Champion"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
Something huge and strong knocked me down. I rolled over, bumped against rocks that wouldn't give, bumped against more and more and more rock in every direction, solid rock but on the move at the same time, and started clawing, clawing, clawing, seeing nothing, smelling nothing, hearing nothing--except my heart, pounding like crazy--and feeling nothing but rock, closing in from all around.
Taken from page 87 of The dog Who Knew Too Much by Spencer Quinn.

Gerard's:
Snowman was a puzzle. If the horse could jump big sturdy paddock fences, why had he not shown any particular skill with a rider on his back?
Taken from page 87 of The Eighty-Dollar Champion by Elizabeth Letts

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

10 comments:

  1. I like the action in Karen's teaser. I'm tumbling right with them. Gerard's teaser too has me picturing a scene. I guess that's a good thing. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the horse one! WHY does he do that? :D Makes me wonder - haven't read a good horse-centric novel in a while. Do you recommend this one?
    My teaser is from Alpha & Omega - Hunting Ground:
    http://readseverything.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-alpha-omega-02-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the title of Karen's tease, I'm picturing a dog excitedly knocking someone down a mountain. All in fun. :)
    Great teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of the teasers but Karne's is one I could definitely feel it.

    My teaser is here: Quirky Girls Read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, very unique teaser! I don't think I've ever read anything from a dog's perspective. At least not done in that same way. Very cool.

    Gerard, I find horse racing fascinating. Never heard of this one, but it sounds interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those teasers! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely teasers-- one suspenseful, the other speculative :) I'm intrigued!

    Thanks for dropping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the $80 Champion on my tbr shelf but I think I'll be adding The Dog Who Knew Too Much

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paulita: I felt so sorry for the dog as I was reading this section! He made it out okay though!

    Depali: Yes, this book is very good. I do recommend it highly but also recommend War Horse which we both liked very much.

    Mardel: Nope, the dog was in a mine when it started to collapse! Glad to say he made it out safely.

    Margot: THE DOG WHO KNEW TOO MUCH is a funny mystery--because the dog is the narrator!

    Jackie's Little World: We've read several books with dog narrators told from the dog's view. Some good ones are: A Dog's Life, Dog On It, and Rose In The Storm.

    Book Dragon: Think you would enjoy both these. Our reviews will be up Wednesday and Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, ouch! I'm cringing at just reading Karen's teaser. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails