Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday Teasers: Books by Burleigh and Lippman


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser.   
Karen's:
Some might say the pentagon was Chicken George, but it was our talent for secrecy, our sense of ourselves as a single community.  Once we five joined, truly joined, it was never boys against girls, or Hallorans against the other two families.  No, it was Sean and Gwen who destroyed us.
From page 141 of The Most Dangerous Thing by Laura Lippman.

Gerard's:
It was a perfect, heart-shaped face but with a mysterious expression, one that viewers could only subjectively read. One American who went on to start a website devoted to Amanda Knox's guilt said she took one look at it and thought, "That girl's a killer."
From page 212 of The Fatal Gift of Beauty--The Trials of Amanda Knox by Nina Burleigh. (Non-fiction)

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

12 comments:

  1. I've discovered Lippman in the past few months, haven't read this one yet! Sounds interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these teasers sound wonderful. I'll have to add these books to my list. My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Laura Lippman book a couple of weeks ago. Awesome read, and I love that teaser.

    The Amanda Knox book sounds great! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great teasers and both books sounds real interesting! Hope you're enjoying them. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely intrigued by Gerard's. Both are great though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen Lippman mentioned here and there lately. Maybe I should try one of her books...

    Great teasers.

    Mine is here, if you want to take a look: http://abookblogofonesown.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday-18102011.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen's teaser is interesting to me. The title would have caught my attention right away, and the teaser. I wonder who Sean and Gwen are.

    Thanks for the teasers, and commenting on ours.

    -Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of either book. But both sound quite intriguing. I'm not typically a fan of non-fiction, but the teaser is interesting and the author has quite the way with words.

    Thanks for stopping by My Reading Pile and sharing your teasers. And I wish you both an amazing bookish week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finished listening to Laura Lippman's book a couple of weeks ago. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting and intriguing. I have an on-again, off-again relationship with Lippman. I seem to like every other book I read of hers. Last one I read was The Girl in the Green Raincoat--which I loved, so I'm leery of picking up another.

    Here's my TT: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesdays_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting teasers! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first one sounds interesting. Great teaser. The second one is good also, but for me, reading anything about Knox and her baby would be too heartbreaking. I have grandchildren and everytime Knox comes up I can't help thanking God nothing like that has happened to them. Sad, horrible situation.

    Anyway, Back to Lippman - I think I should check out some of her work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails