Thursday, October 13, 2011

"The Dog Who Knew Too Much" by Spencer Quinn (UPDATED)


I enjoyed The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Spencer Quinn. Bernie and Chet, his 100 lb. dog, are partners in the Little Detective Agency and specialize in finding missing persons. Chet is the narrator of the story and it’s so funny when he gets distracted by smells or off the track with random thoughts. At first, it was even kind of annoying when I was trying to follow what was going on, but then I got used to it. I liked that the dog acted like a dog would and wasn’t like a person. He couldn’t actually talk and it wasn’t like he had any supernatural ability. One of the lines he kept repeating was: “Our cases closed just about every time with me grabbing the perp by the pant leg.”

I think you should read this one too!

This is a real fun read with both action and mystery. I think anyone who likes dogs would like this book. Visit www.ChetTheDog.com to see what else he’s up to.
(Karen's review)

Gerard's review posted 10/14/11:
You can never go wrong with a Bernie and Chet book.  I love Chet, he steals the show like he always does.  This is a good quick, enjoyable read with a happy ending! 

Gerard also read Dog On It by this author and liked it even better, but this book is well worth your time.  We both recommend it!

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun read! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Dog On It, and I really liked it. Eventually I'll get around to reading the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petula: It is!

    Kate: I haven't read "Dog on It" yet but am adding it to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Interesting to read, is it the same The dog training?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails