Thursday, August 25, 2011

"The Midwife's Confession" by Diane Chamberlain


The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain is full of surprises and mother-daughter moments.  When Emerson and Tara start searching for answers to why their best friend, Noelle the midwife, committed suicide, they are shocked to find out things they never knew about her.  Noelle had many secrets that were kept for many years but eventually came out after she died.

I liked this book but it does have quite a few characters to keep straight and jumps from the present to the past all through it which sometimes was hard to follow.  I think women would enjoy this book much more than men, just because it focuses on relationships rather than action.  It's a great read about friendship, betrayal and mothers and daughters.  It has discussion questions in the back which makes it very conducive to a book club selection.

I also liked another book by this author:  The Secret Life Of Cee Cee Wilkes which has more action in it.

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the top of our blog.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this one. Noelle was a hard one for me, because while I hated what she did, I could see "how" she would do it - I also loved how I wasn't.quite.sure about which baby it was (spoiler-free comment, I hope). My own review is here: http://www.knittingandsundries.com/2011/05/midwifes-confession-by-diane.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails