Friday, May 6, 2011

"56--Joe DiMaggio And The Last Magic Number In Sports" by Kostya Kennedy

As a rule, I do not read a lot of sports books because I find most of them to be boring. However, Joe DiMaggio by Kostya Kennedy covers the 56-game hitting streak of Joe DiMaggio but it's more than just a game-by-game recap. The author really sets the scene of life in 1941. I enjoyed this book a lot! It took me just two days to read it. Even though I hate the Yankees, I loved 56—Joe DiMaggio And The Last Magic Number In Sports. If you are a baseball fan, I think you will love this one too!
(Gerard's review)
Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

You can help our charity of the month just by leaving a comment on any of our blogs! We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month. The charity for this month is at the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

3 comments:

  1. We just have to say that Abby looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a big baseball fan, but I completely understand your interest in this one. Glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is a true masterpiece. It focuses mainly on the amazing 56 game hitting streak of one of baseballs greatest all time players: Joe DiMaggio. I have to admit that I always took this record for granted. Since I wasn't alive at the time of the streak I only knew of it through history. However, after reading is book, I saw how tough it is to hit in a hitting streak. It takes an amazing amount of stamina and consistency to get a hit every single game and every single day in a row. The fact that DiMaggio beat out Ted Williams for MVP despite the fact that Williams batted over 400 is truly remarkable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails