Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Teaser: "Dilemma" and "Girl In The Gatehouse"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought I would play for fun! Just do the following
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
Gerard's:
But I also very much felt called to be a married man, even a family man. I was a priest in love and contemplating marriage; I no longer believed the two things to be incompatible as I had been taught.
From pg. 144 of Dilemma: A Priest's Struggle With Faith and Love by Father Albert Cutie

Karen's:
Had she not promised herself she was finished with men and their untrustworthy ways? Even as she thought this, she knew the promise was a poor shield against the truth. For she felt certain no honorable man would ever love her now.
From pg. 77 of The Girl In the Gatehouse by Julie Klassen

12 comments:

  1. You should try to hook the girl in the gatehouse and the priest. It could be a match made in heaven. Good teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerard and Karen,

    Gerard:
    I have to admit that I seldom read biographies/autobiographies. It seems to me that everyone is trying to promote their story in some way or another, it just smacks of over-inflated ego, or wannabe celebrity and all forms of the media are flooded with this content right now.
    Not a rant, just my own honest personal opinion.

    Karen:
    Loved those teaser lines and checked out the full synopsis, as this is an author I am not familiar with. Definitely sounds like something I would read and I like the cover art too.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser, would you recommend this book? I also seldom read memoirs, but this has caught my attention.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment on my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this teaser :) I want to read it now. New follower, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing teasers. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, a priest in love.. that's intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both teasers sound really good! I hope you are enjoying your reads! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting teasers. They even sound as if they go together!

    Thanks for dropping by mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting juxtaposition with those two novels! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree that you should try to get those two together! An honest priest ready to marry, a woman ready to settle down honestly... definitely a match made in heaven, as a pp said!

    Thanks for stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting teasers! Nice to meet fellow dog lovers.. I have 2 rescued furkids my self!!

    ;) Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails