Saturday, March 19, 2011

"The Horses Of Proud Spirit" by Melanie Sue Bowles

The Horses Of Proud Spirit by Melanie Sue Bowles is a remarkable non-fiction book!  It tells the story of Melanie who one day wanted to get a horse.  She knew next to nothing about caring for a horse and now her husband and her run a no-kill farm for horses.  The short stories in The Horses Of Proud Spirit range from happy, sad and funny.  All will touch your heart.  There is a sequel to this book that I plan to get one day.  You do not have to own a horse to enjoy this book--an animal lover will do just fine!

Have you read this one? What did you think of it? You can help Canine Lifeline (a dog rescue organization that saved our dog, Abby) by leaving a comment on any of our blogs in March. We will donate 50 cents per comment at the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. I've never read the book, but your summary made me think of when I was younger and wanted a turtle. (Definitely nothing like a horse) My mother made me read multiple books on proper caring of turtles before she would even consider it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails