Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday Teasers: "If I Grow Up" and "Play Their Hearts Out"


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should  Be Reading. Anyone can play along, so I thought  I  would play for fun! Just do the following:          


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on  that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away!   You don’t  want  to  ruin the  book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can  add the book to their TBR  Lists  if they  like your teaser. 
Karen's::
"You forget how your momma died?"  Gramma snapped.  "How many times I have to tell you not to run when they shoot?  You could run right into the cross fire.  You hear shootin', you drop to the ground and stay there."
From p. 18 of If I Grow Up by Todd Strasser.

Gerard's:
 Like most children, they saw only the glory.  It was up to the parents to see what lurked behind it.

From p. 92 of Play Their Hearts Out--A Coach, His Star Recruit, and The Youth Basketball Machine by George Dohrmann

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I have heard of either book before.

    My teaser comes from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Beth.. great advice. I hope they followed it.

    You can find my teaser here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Both of these teasers sound good! I've got to get mine ready and posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha definitely good advice. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails