Saturday, October 2, 2010

"The First Fall Classic" by Mike Vaccaro

A MUST READ FOR BASEBALL FANS!  (100 stars)
The First Fall Classic by Mike Vaccaro has three things that I really look for in a book:  (1) non-fiction, (2) a topic that interests me, (3) a topic I know little or nothing about. 

I really enjoyed reading this book because it felt like I was right there.  The writing is superb.  It is about the 1912 World Series between the Giants and the Red Sox--what a series it was!  The ending has to be read to be believed.  If you are a baseball fan or just a sports fan in general, you owe it to yourself to read this book!  Thank you, Mr. Vaccaro, for writing this very enjoyable book!
(Gerard's Review 11/28/09)


Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails