Thursday, September 9, 2010

"King of Lies" by John Hart

King of Lies by John Hart is an amazing murder mystery/romance.  It has an intricately woven plot with an ending I did not see coming.  This one started out slow for me but about halfway through, I found it hard to put down.  At first, I didn't like the main character, Work, who was a lawyer accused of murdering his father, but grew to like him as the book went on.  Work tells the story so the reader knows he is innocent.  He is married to a woman but is in love with another and drinks a lot.  I started liking him when he decided to get a dog.   He thought his sister killed their father and was willing to destroy evidence and take the fall in order to protect her.  There is really a lot of family issues that are addressed in this novel that make it a very interesting read. 
(Karen's review 6/9/10)

Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails