Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Salem Falls" by Jodi Picoult

"Salem Falls" by Jodi Picoult is a good book right from page one about a girls nice soccer coach who was falsely accused of rape twice. First time he took a plea bargain and served 8 months in jail. Second time, Jordan McAfee, got a "Not Guilty" verdict so he was set free, but most town people didn't want him around and were still afraid of him. He was a master at Jeopardy and fell in love with Addie, the diner owner who he washed dishes for when he first came to town after getting out of jail the first time. I could hardly put it down. 

I liked this book a lot except for the witchcraft in it, but even through that I learned more about it.  I found myself despising the girl who cried rape and ruined the coach's life. I highly recommend this.  It's one of my favorite Picout books!
(Karen' review 12/07)

Please tell us: What categories of literature do you like? What are you reading now? Who are your top five favorite authors? Have you read this one? What did you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails