Saturday, June 26, 2010

"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult is a story of a family coping with a daughter who has Cancer and the sister who is destined to be the donor for her.  It also has an interesting subplot of romance between the lawyer Anna hires and the lady appointed to make a recommendation to the court as to what she thinks is in Anna’s best interest.  This would be a great book for a book club to discuss.  It’s about feelings, ethics, motivations and relationships.  It kept my interest all the way through and as usual in Picoult’s books, has a surprise ending.

(Karen's review 8/14/09)

3 comments:

  1. By anewphilosophy on August 14, 2009 18:06:

    I loved this book! And I gather that they made a movie out of it, although I never saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anewphiilosphy: I haven't seen the movie either. I'll look for it on TV and hope to catch it that way. I heard the movie left out the romance between the lawyer and Julia. javajunkie: I loved "Nineteen Minutes." I also liked "The Pact," "Salem Falls" and "Perfect Match" a lot by Jodi Picoult.
    By Karen & Gerard on August 15, 2009 15:35

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails