Sunday, June 27, 2010

"The Associate" by John Grisham

The Associate by John Grisham is definitely a page-turner that kept my interest all through but was a bit of a let down in the end.  Kyle, a first-year associate at a big New York law firm was being blackmailed to steal confidential information from the firm he worked for and struggled to find a way out.  It demonstrates how one's past can come back to haunt them.  I enjoyed this book even though the story line seemed far-fetched to me and there were several loose ends.  I recommend this to anyone who likes some suspense and enjoys reading about lawyers.  Since I work for a law firm, perhaps that's why I could relate to the main character and got into this book.  I found it to be entertaining.
(Karen's review 11/17/10)

A Good Book, BUT!  (20 stars)
This book is Grisham doing what he does best--telling a story about a lawyer who has an incident in his past and unsavory people who try to use that against him to get trade secrets.  The writing is superb and the story moves along very well.  It gets off to a great start and pulled me in right away.  The ending though left me at loose ends.  I didn't like it but when you read it, you can form your own opinion.  Other than the ending, it's very good!

(Gerard's Review 11/10/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails